Week Five Programmatic Assessment.
Abby is a 20-year-old female college student. For at least the last 3 months, Abby has experienced ongoing anxiety and worry without a specific cause for these feelings. She has been restless and has noticed that her muscles feel tense and that these symptoms are beginning to affect her behavior in a way that is causing her to become distressed and that is preventing her from being able to complete her normal tasks. Abby correctly believed that it was normal to feel a little anxious sometimes; however, as the semester has progressed, she has not begun to feel significantly more comfortable.
On the recommendation of a friend, Abby visited the universitys counseling center and talked to Dr. Smith. Dr. Smith was warm and welcoming and, after discussing the limits of confidentiality with Abby and obtaining informed consent, encouraged Abby to describe her concerns. Dr. Smith listened attentively and asked Abby a few questions. They both agreed on an appointment date and time for the next week. Dr. Smith gave Abby a homework assignment to keep a written log of the negative thoughts or assumptions she has during the week and the circumstances under which those thoughts occurred. Abby was asked to bring the log with her to her next appointment.
Answer the following questions based on the scenario above. Answers should be short and concise.
1. Which DSM-5 disorder matches the symptoms Abby is reporting?
2. Which theoretical model does the homework assigned by Dr. Smith match?
3. If Dr. Smith recommended medications only, which theoretical model would this match?
4. If Dr. Smith recommended medications in addition to therapy, which theoretical model would this match?
5. If Dr. Smith completed a free association exercise with Abby, which theoretical model would this match?
6. If Dr. Smith used unconditional positive regard in the treatment, which theoretical model would this match?
7. If instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, Abby reported the following:She had been in a car accident where she feared for her life. She had sleep disturbances including nightmares and became uncomfortable at the thought of driving, to the point that she avoided driving. She now believes she is a horrible driver, although her friends assure her this is not true. If these symptoms have lasted for longer than a month, which DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
8. If instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, Abby reported the following:Every day for the past 2 weeks she felt down or sad for most of the day, had noticed an increase in her appetite, had been unable to sleep or concentrate, and felt tired. Additionally, this was interfering with her goals and tasks, and she reported that she had never felt manic or hypomanic. Which DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
9. If instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, Abby reported the following:Every day for at least the past week she felt irritable with persistently increased energy and talkativeness, was easily distracted, did not seem to need sleep, and noticed that this behavior was interfering with her job. She reported that she has felt these symptoms before in her past and that she has also felt depressed sometimes. Which DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
10. If instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, Abby reported the following:Throughout her life, she has always been suspicious of others. She reports that she really would like to have good relationships, but even as a child she knew that others, including family members, could not be trusted. She feels that she needs to stay on guard to protect herself. Which DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
11. If instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, Abby reported the following:She began drinking when she was 18 and now needs to drink more or higher concentrations of alcohol to continue to function. She reports that she has lost her part-time job because of her drinking and is in danger of failing out of college. She was hospitalized last weekend due to experiencing delirium tremens during withdrawal, and the doctor explained to her that she could die from this disorder. Abby recognized that her drinking was interfering with her life, and she knew that she did not want to die. Which DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
12. If instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, Abbys former roommate reported the following:During a significant portion of the past month, Abby had talked to herself out loud and told her roommate that she had heard voices telling her to harm herself. Her roommate reported that Abby had told her that she occasionally stated that she was Joan of Arc and that the school mascot was stalking her. Her roommate asked to change rooms, and now that Abby was living alone, she did not appear to have bathed in more than a week. This was not typical behavior for Abby, as she had been known to be meticulous with her appearance and hygiene. The roommate expressed her concern for Abby and stated that although she had noticed some of these behaviors since she first met Abby more than 6 months ago, the behaviors seem to have increased over the past month. Which DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
13. If Abby were 5 years old and, instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, her symptoms included nightmares, physical complaints, recurrent separation-related fear, and a refusal to leave home, what DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
14. If Abby were 67 years old, and instead of the symptoms listed in the scenario, had no major medical issues, had never been diagnosed with a neurocognitive disorder, and her symptoms included a substantial decline in the cognitive functioning areas of memory and attention that interfere with her independence, what DSM-5 disorder label might match her symptoms?
15. Dr. Smith discussed the limits of confidentiality and required Abby to sign an informed consent form before treatment. These are examples of items used to protect the patients ______________.
Our Unique Features
Custom Papers Means Custom Papers
This is what custom writing means to us: Your essay starts from scratch. Plagiarism is unacceptable. We demand the originality of our academic essay writers and they only deliver authentic and original papers. 100% guaranteed! If your final version is not as expected, we will revise it immediately.
Qualified and Experienced Essay Writers
Our team consists of carefully selected writers with in-depth expertise. Each writer in our team is selected based on their writing skills and experience. Each team member is able to provide plagiarism-free, authentic and high-quality content within a short turnaround time.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Assuarance
We understand you. Spending your hard earned money on a writing service is a big deal. It is a big investment and it is difficult to make the decision. That is why we support our claims with guarantees. We want you to be reassured as soon as you place your order. Here are our guarantees: Your deadlines are important to us. When ordering, please note that delivery will take place no later than the expiry date.
100% Originality & Confidentiality
Every paper we write for every order is 100% original. To support this, we would be happy to provide you with a plagiarism analysis report on request.We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
We help students, business professionals and job seekers around the world in multiple time zones. We also understand that students often keep crazy schedules. No problem. We are there for you around the clock. If you need help at any time, please contact us. An agent is always available for you.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our services are second to none. Every time you place an order, you get a personal and original paper of the highest quality.
While a college paper is the most common order we receive, we want you to understand that we have college writers for virtually everything, including: High school and college essays Papers, book reviews, case studies, lab reports, tests All graduate level projects, including theses and dissertations Admissions and scholarship essays Resumes and CV’s Web content, copywriting, blogs, articles Business writing – reports, marketing material, white papers Research and data collection/analysis of any type.
Any Kind of Essay Writing!
Whether you are a high school student struggling with writing five-paragraph essays, an undergraduate management student stressing over a research paper, or a graduate student in the middle of a thesis or dissertation, homeworkmarketpro.com has a writer for you. We can also provide admissions or scholarship essays, a resume or CV, as well as web content or articles. Writing an essay for college admission takes a certain kind of writer. They have to be knowledgeable about your subject and be able to grasp the purpose of the essay.
Quality Check and Editing Support
Every paper is subject to a strict editorial and revision process. This is to ensure that your document is complete and accurate and that all of your instructions have been followed carefully including creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
Prices and Discounts
We are happy to say that we offer some of the most competitive prices in this industry. Since many of our customers are students, job seekers and small entrepreneurs, we know that money is a problem. Therefore, you will find better prices with us compared to writing services of this calibre.