For this assignment you will use various skills and strategies you have learned from the Child-Centered Play Therapy Workbook.
1. (6 points) Case Study Present a child case. This case needs to focus on a child that is under the age of 12; include name, age, location, family dynamics, and details around the presenting issue that has brought the child to counseling.
2. (20 points) Verbatim: Create a dialogue between the counselor (you) and the case child detailed in question 1. Include at least 10 lines of dialogue for you, and 10 lines of dialogue for your client. The lines of counseling dialogue should be empathic, and reflective. You do not want to ask questions, but rather illustrate your ability to use empathic statements and reflective responses.
Exampleclient: I am really tired today and I dont want to play.counselor: Your body is telling you that you should rest instead of playing with the toys today. client: Yes, I had a lot of school work this week, and my friend Johnny is mad at me.
Counselor: So not only did the teacher give you a bunch of work, but this week has made you extra sad because you miss playing with your friend Johnny.
3. (6 points) Compare and contrast the characteristics of child-centered approach to one of the evidence-based approaches in chapter 5 of the Elements of counseling textbook. Develop three points of comparison that illustrate similarities and three points of comparison that illustrate differences.
4. (8 points) From the examples in the setting limits section of the Child-Centered Play Therapy Workbook. Develop one limit that you might use with children (select something that is not used as an example in the textbook). Describe the limit, and then use the steps: Step 1 Determine if the limit is necessary, Step 2 State the limit to the child, Step 3 – Warning, and Step 4 Enforcement of consequence, to illustrate how you would apply them to your own work with a child. For each step, speak about the characteristics of the step, and then show how you would use the limit and how you would enforce the step.
5. (10 points) In child-centered play therapy, questions are not frequently used. Explain five points of rationale to why questions are not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these five points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
6. (10 points) In child-centered play therapy, praise is discouraged. Explain five points of rationale to why praise is not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these five points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
7. (4 points) In child-centered play therapy, self-disclosure is discouraged. Explain two points of rationale to why self-disclosure is not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these two points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
8. (10 points) From chapter 3, select five of the recommended toys for the playroom, and describe how you would use those with children in a counseling setting. Include a description of the toy, how the book describes its value or use, and then provide your own illustration of how you would use it include what issue the toy might help the child address, and how you would engage the child in play with the toy.
9. (6 points) Select 3 themes from chapter 4. For each theme, 1. Develop a line of dialogue that describes a childs behavior that would be indicative of the theme. 2. Then describe the theme, and 3. Develop an empathic, reflective, or child-centered statement that you could respond with appropriately.
Our Unique Features
Custom Papers Means Custom Papers
This is what custom writing means to us: Your essay starts from scratch. Plagiarism is unacceptable. We demand the originality of our academic essay writers and they only deliver authentic and original papers. 100% guaranteed! If your final version is not as expected, we will revise it immediately.
Qualified and Experienced Essay Writers
Our team consists of carefully selected writers with in-depth expertise. Each writer in our team is selected based on their writing skills and experience. Each team member is able to provide plagiarism-free, authentic and high-quality content within a short turnaround time.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Assuarance
We understand you. Spending your hard earned money on a writing service is a big deal. It is a big investment and it is difficult to make the decision. That is why we support our claims with guarantees. We want you to be reassured as soon as you place your order. Here are our guarantees: Your deadlines are important to us. When ordering, please note that delivery will take place no later than the expiry date.
100% Originality & Confidentiality
Every paper we write for every order is 100% original. To support this, we would be happy to provide you with a plagiarism analysis report on request.We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
We help students, business professionals and job seekers around the world in multiple time zones. We also understand that students often keep crazy schedules. No problem. We are there for you around the clock. If you need help at any time, please contact us. An agent is always available for you.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our services are second to none. Every time you place an order, you get a personal and original paper of the highest quality.
While a college paper is the most common order we receive, we want you to understand that we have college writers for virtually everything, including: High school and college essays Papers, book reviews, case studies, lab reports, tests All graduate level projects, including theses and dissertations Admissions and scholarship essays Resumes and CV’s Web content, copywriting, blogs, articles Business writing – reports, marketing material, white papers Research and data collection/analysis of any type.
Any Kind of Essay Writing!
Whether you are a high school student struggling with writing five-paragraph essays, an undergraduate management student stressing over a research paper, or a graduate student in the middle of a thesis or dissertation, homeworkmarketpro.com has a writer for you. We can also provide admissions or scholarship essays, a resume or CV, as well as web content or articles. Writing an essay for college admission takes a certain kind of writer. They have to be knowledgeable about your subject and be able to grasp the purpose of the essay.
Quality Check and Editing Support
Every paper is subject to a strict editorial and revision process. This is to ensure that your document is complete and accurate and that all of your instructions have been followed carefully including creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
Prices and Discounts
We are happy to say that we offer some of the most competitive prices in this industry. Since many of our customers are students, job seekers and small entrepreneurs, we know that money is a problem. Therefore, you will find better prices with us compared to writing services of this calibre.