You make a Tik Tok video on your day off, showing photos of a local celebrity that one of your colleagues in telemetry took care of. You figure that most of your contacts would never recognize him anyway. It’s your day off and your personal time, so no harm, no foul, right?
Choose an ending to the scenario, and construct your paper based on those reflections. Choose one of the following outcomes:
1. A HIPAA violation occurs, and client data is exposed to the media.
2. A medication error has harmed a client.
3. A technology downtime that impacts patient care occurs, and an error is made.
4. A ransomware attack has occurred, and the organization must contemplate paying the ransom or lose access to patient data.
Research, compose, and type a scholarly paper based on the scenario provided by your faculty, and choose a conclusion scenario to discuss within the body of your paper.
Reflect on lessons learned in this class about technology, privacy concerns, and legal and ethical issues and address each of these concepts in the paper. Consider the consequences of such a scenario.
Do not limit your review of the literature to the nursing discipline only because other health professionals are using the technology, and you may need to apply critical thinking skills to its applications in this scenario.
• Use Microsoft Word and APA formatting. Consult your copy of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, as well as the resources in Doc Sharing if you have questions (e.g., margin size, font type and size (point), use of third person, etc.). Take advantage of the writing service SmartThinking, which is accessed by clicking on the link called the Tutor Source, found under the Course Home area.
• The length of the paper should be four to five pages, excluding the title page and the reference page. Limit the references to a few key sources (minimum of three required).
• The paper will contain an introduction that catches the attention of the reader, states the purpose of the paper, and provides a narrative outline of what will follow (i.e., the assignment criteria).
• In the body of the paper, discuss the scenario in relation to HIPAA, legal, and other regulatory requirements that apply to the scenario and the ending you chose. Demonstrate support from sources of evidence (references) included as in‐text citations.
• Choose and identify one of the possible endings provided for the scenario, and construct your paper based on its implications to the scenario. Make recommendations about what should have been done and what could be done to correct or mitigate the problems caused by the scenario and the ending you chose. Demonstrate support from sources of evidence (references) included as in‐text citations.
• Present the advantages and disadvantages of informatics relating to your scenario and describe professional and ethical principles appropriate to your chosen ending. Use facts from supporting sources of evidence, which must be included as in‐text citations.
• The paper’s conclusion should summarize what you learned and make reflections about them to your practice
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions. Include the following sections:
a. Introduction – 40 points/17% • Catches attention of the reader • States purpose of the paper • Provides a narrative outline of the paper (i.e., the assignment criteria)
b. HIPAA, Legal, and Regulatory Discussion – 40 points/17% • Presents evidence from recent scholarly publications to address the impact of technology on nursing care related to: • Patient privacy and HIPAA standards • Healthcare regulations • Legal guidelines on appropriate use of technology
c. Scenario Ending and Recommendations – 50 points/21% • Selects and presents one scenario ending as the focus of the assignment. • Evaluates the actions taken by healthcare providers as the situation evolved. • Recommends actions that could have been taken to mitigate the circumstances presented in the selected scenario ending. • Supports recommendations with evidence from recent scholarly publications.
d. Advantages and Disadvantages – 50 points/21% • Presents evidence from recent scholarly publications to address the impact of technology on nursing care related to: • The advantages of appropriately using technology in healthcare • Risks of technology use in healthcare • Describes professional and ethical principles guiding the appropriate use of technology in healthcare.
e. Conclusion and Reflections – 30 points/12% • Summarizes what new information was learned by completing this assignment. • Reflects on how this new knowledge will impact future behavior as a healthcare professional.
f. Scholarly Writing and APA Format – 30 points/12% 3 NR360 Information Systems in Healthcare RUA: We Can, But Dare We? Guidelines NR360_RUA_We_Can_But_Dare_We_Guidelines Revised: July 2020 3
• Paper submitted as a Microsoft Word document. • Adheres to current APA formatting guidelines including proper use of: • Title page • Running head • Page numbers • Length is 4-5 pages, excluding title and reference pages. • Includes at least three (3) references that are: • From recent (within the last 5 years) scholarly sources • Cited in text appropriately • Included on an APA formatted reference page • Scholarly writing reflects: • Accurate spelling • Correct use of professional grammar • Logical organization of thoughts (mechanics) For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar), visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library
Our Unique Features
Custom Papers Means Custom Papers
This is what custom writing means to us: Your essay starts from scratch. Plagiarism is unacceptable. We demand the originality of our academic essay writers and they only deliver authentic and original papers. 100% guaranteed! If your final version is not as expected, we will revise it immediately.
Qualified and Experienced Essay Writers
Our team consists of carefully selected writers with in-depth expertise. Each writer in our team is selected based on their writing skills and experience. Each team member is able to provide plagiarism-free, authentic and high-quality content within a short turnaround time.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Assuarance
We understand you. Spending your hard earned money on a writing service is a big deal. It is a big investment and it is difficult to make the decision. That is why we support our claims with guarantees. We want you to be reassured as soon as you place your order. Here are our guarantees: Your deadlines are important to us. When ordering, please note that delivery will take place no later than the expiry date.
100% Originality & Confidentiality
Every paper we write for every order is 100% original. To support this, we would be happy to provide you with a plagiarism analysis report on request.We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
We help students, business professionals and job seekers around the world in multiple time zones. We also understand that students often keep crazy schedules. No problem. We are there for you around the clock. If you need help at any time, please contact us. An agent is always available for you.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our services are second to none. Every time you place an order, you get a personal and original paper of the highest quality.
While a college paper is the most common order we receive, we want you to understand that we have college writers for virtually everything, including: High school and college essays Papers, book reviews, case studies, lab reports, tests All graduate level projects, including theses and dissertations Admissions and scholarship essays Resumes and CV’s Web content, copywriting, blogs, articles Business writing – reports, marketing material, white papers Research and data collection/analysis of any type.
Any Kind of Essay Writing!
Whether you are a high school student struggling with writing five-paragraph essays, an undergraduate management student stressing over a research paper, or a graduate student in the middle of a thesis or dissertation, homeworkmarketpro.com has a writer for you. We can also provide admissions or scholarship essays, a resume or CV, as well as web content or articles. Writing an essay for college admission takes a certain kind of writer. They have to be knowledgeable about your subject and be able to grasp the purpose of the essay.
Quality Check and Editing Support
Every paper is subject to a strict editorial and revision process. This is to ensure that your document is complete and accurate and that all of your instructions have been followed carefully including creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
Prices and Discounts
We are happy to say that we offer some of the most competitive prices in this industry. Since many of our customers are students, job seekers and small entrepreneurs, we know that money is a problem. Therefore, you will find better prices with us compared to writing services of this calibre.