1. What does Logic study?
2. What is the difference between an argument and a non-argument?
3. What is so special about statements, in contrast to other kinds of expressions?
4. Describe the standard of truth on which both categorical and propositional logic rest.
5. What is a category?
6. Name the two main branches of logic.
7. Describe the fundamental principle of each branch of logic.
8. Give an example of an argument that is deductive, and one that is inductive.
9. Define the concept of ‘validity.’ What kinds of arguments are valid or invalid?
10. Define the concept of ‘strength.’ What kinds of arguments are either strong or weak?
11. Define ‘Soundness’ and ‘Cogency.’
12. Why is it possible to have a valid argument with false premises?
13. List the four standard form categorical propositions.
14. Draw the Venn Diagrams for each of the four standard form categorical propositions.
15. Here are two categorical propositions. A: No A are B O: Some A are not B.
On the Aristotelian standpoint, are these two propositions consistent? On the Boolean standpoint, are these two propositions consistent?
16. Here is a statement in Propositional Logic. Construct a truth table to show all the possible truth values this statement can have.
If (A or not B) then B. (Remember to write this out using the symbolism for the logical connectors because I am unable to do it here.)
17. Here is an argument in Propositional Logic. Construct a truth table to test for validity.
If juvenile killers are as responsible for their crimes as adults, then execution is a justifiable punishment.
Juvenile killers are not as responsible for their crimes as adults.
Therefore execution is not a justifiable punishment.
Symbolize the argument on a single line, and construct the truth table. (Note, it should be symbolized like this, but with the connector symbols: If J then E/ not J // not E.
18. Suppose you have a statement in Propositional Logic where all of the truth values under the main operator are true, what kind of statement is it?
19. Suppose you have a statement in Propositional Logic where all the truth values under the main operator are false, then what kind of statement is it?
20. Suppose you have a statement where all the truth values under the main operator are a mix of Ts and Fs, what kind of statement is it?
21. Suppose you have two statements to compare, and they have the same truth value on every line, then what is their relation?
22. Suppose you have two statements and they have opposite truth values on every line. What is their relation?
23. Here is an argument in Propositional Logic. Use the Indirect Proof method of truth table to test for validity. Remember to make an initial assumption.
If not A then (B or C) / not B // If C then A. (Again, remember to write this argument out using the symbols for the logical connectors.)
Our Unique Features
Custom Papers Means Custom Papers
This is what custom writing means to us: Your essay starts from scratch. Plagiarism is unacceptable. We demand the originality of our academic essay writers and they only deliver authentic and original papers. 100% guaranteed! If your final version is not as expected, we will revise it immediately.
Qualified and Experienced Essay Writers
Our team consists of carefully selected writers with in-depth expertise. Each writer in our team is selected based on their writing skills and experience. Each team member is able to provide plagiarism-free, authentic and high-quality content within a short turnaround time.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Assuarance
We understand you. Spending your hard earned money on a writing service is a big deal. It is a big investment and it is difficult to make the decision. That is why we support our claims with guarantees. We want you to be reassured as soon as you place your order. Here are our guarantees: Your deadlines are important to us. When ordering, please note that delivery will take place no later than the expiry date.
100% Originality & Confidentiality
Every paper we write for every order is 100% original. To support this, we would be happy to provide you with a plagiarism analysis report on request.We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
We help students, business professionals and job seekers around the world in multiple time zones. We also understand that students often keep crazy schedules. No problem. We are there for you around the clock. If you need help at any time, please contact us. An agent is always available for you.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our services are second to none. Every time you place an order, you get a personal and original paper of the highest quality.
While a college paper is the most common order we receive, we want you to understand that we have college writers for virtually everything, including: High school and college essays Papers, book reviews, case studies, lab reports, tests All graduate level projects, including theses and dissertations Admissions and scholarship essays Resumes and CV’s Web content, copywriting, blogs, articles Business writing – reports, marketing material, white papers Research and data collection/analysis of any type.
Any Kind of Essay Writing!
Whether you are a high school student struggling with writing five-paragraph essays, an undergraduate management student stressing over a research paper, or a graduate student in the middle of a thesis or dissertation, homeworkmarketpro.com has a writer for you. We can also provide admissions or scholarship essays, a resume or CV, as well as web content or articles. Writing an essay for college admission takes a certain kind of writer. They have to be knowledgeable about your subject and be able to grasp the purpose of the essay.
Quality Check and Editing Support
Every paper is subject to a strict editorial and revision process. This is to ensure that your document is complete and accurate and that all of your instructions have been followed carefully including creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
Prices and Discounts
We are happy to say that we offer some of the most competitive prices in this industry. Since many of our customers are students, job seekers and small entrepreneurs, we know that money is a problem. Therefore, you will find better prices with us compared to writing services of this calibre.